Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mentor 02/13/13

Time Logged: 4 hours
Total Time: 14 hours
Date: February 13 ,2013

On this day, I was with another patient and this patient had pain on his knee. The goal of this day was to see and do the adjustments the doctor does. Not literally do it but put my hands over him and feel what he does. Before anything was done the doctor made him stretch to see a visual of where the pain was. His pain was at the scale of 8 and he said that it was just horrible. He works out too much and he hurt himself with a certain stretch that caused him the pain on his knee. The more I find out what do the less I wanted to do it because it looked so painful. One thing I get bothered seeing is people going through pain. During the adjustments patients usually growl their pain. After the adjustment was done he was able to get up walk better than before. The adjustments are something really serious and if something goes wrong the doctor is the one that has to take complete responsibility because anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment